This Top 5 Wednesday is all about the Top 5 Fictional Items You'd Want to take from your favorite reads. These could be items that only exist in the worlds of the book, or just could be items that are special to the book, but do exist in ordinary world land. At first I thought I was going to have trouble with this. I thought that the only place I would want to take items from would be the world of Harry Potter, and the majority of what I would want does come from Harry Potter, but I did manage to think of some other things. So without further ado, here's what I would take!
From Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman
5. Kate's pair of ivory handled (I think) pistols: I just think these would be cool to have on my shelf. If I remember right, they have these pretty, carved handles that I'm sure I could just sit and stare at for hours. Also, old guns are just kind of cool to look at and collect. And nobody would mess with me if I pulled out my fancy handled gun. Maybe I could even work on those fancy gun-twirling tricks when pulling it from my holster. Yes, I would be so cool.
From the world of The Walking Dead by Robert Kirkman, Charlie Adlard, and others
4. Michonne's katana: I also think swords are cool to collect. People are probably thinking that I have a problem wanting all these weapons, but they'd be cool decoration and useful if anybody tried to get me. And I don't know what it is about katana's, but I'm just drawn to them. They look so cool. And if I was in a zombie apocalypse, I'd want a deadly sword to swing around instead of a gun that I would most likely miss with. With a katana, even if I didn't get the head, I could probably slow it down by cutting off a leg or something. And if a zombie apocalypse didn't happen, I could just hang Michonne's katana on my wall and swing it during the weekends.
Everything else comes from Harry Potter, surprise!
From the world of Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
3. The Potter family's Invisibility Cloak: This would be a cool, little thing to have. I probably wouldn't use it right at all, like I would forget to cover myself completely with it and thus be seen haha. But maybe I could use it to spy on people, if I wanted. Like let's say I wanted to start my private eye career, this cloak would be pretty invaluable for that. I could also use it to squeeze in more alone, reading time. People can't bother me if they can't see me mwahahahahaaa.
2. A never-ending supply of the Felix Felicis potion: Who wouldn't want a potion that could make you super lucky!?! And of course I'd want a never-ending supply, because it's not like I could make it myself #muggleproblems Now I wouldn't take it all the time, just times where I felt like a little luck could help me out. Maybe I could even help my friends and family with it. See how generous I am.
1. Hermione's loaned Time Turner: This would be a cool little trick to have in my bag. And I, unlike Hermione, would not use it to take more classes at school. What could I use it for... hmmm? If I wanted to be boring and responsible, I could probably use it to work two jobs and get more money. But if I wanted to use it how I really wanted, I'd probably use it to secure myself more reading time. I could get all kinds of books done so much faster if I had unlimited time to read. Think of what my monthly wrap-ups would look like! People would be like, How Does Ashley Do It? I'm So Impressed. I'd just have to make sure that I didn't mess up history or meet myself in a time that I wasn't supposed to.
So those are my Top 5 Fictional Items I'd Want. What would you want? If you want to join in on the Top 5 Wednesday fun, you totally should. Every week offers up a fun, new topic to consider and come up with things for. Check out all the other Top 5 Wednesday-ers Here!
On an unrelated topic, I'm sorry that I didn't post my The 100 Review for Episode 8 yet. I just got lazy and didn't type it up, or even compose it in time. I'm planning to have it up next Tuesday. I figure this will work out since The 100 is off for a couple of weeks anyway. So for any of those people that look forward to reading my reviews, I'm sorry, I'm definitely going to put one up for Episode 8. I really enjoy writing them because it allows me to recap my feelings about a show that I love. Although, I will say that I don't think Season 3 is turning out to be my favorite season. I'm hoping that now that Lexa's gone, Clarke can get her stuff together and finally go back to Arkadia where she belongs. Also, what do you think about all this uproar about Lexa's death? Those crazy people made the ratings drop for Episode 8 by about 10%. Obviously, I'm not for their cause and roll my eyes at their hysterics. Okay, I'll stop because this is not my Episode 8 The 100 review.