Monday, May 9, 2016

Review: Death Note, Volume 5: Whiteout by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata


Title: Death Note, Volume 5: Whiteout
Author: Tsugumi Ohba
Art by: Takeshi Obata
Published by: VIZ Media, LLC
Released: 2003
Summary: The battle of wits continues between Light and L. In an effort to erase L's suspicions, Light volunteers to a solitary confinement to prove he's not Kira. L still suspects him anyway.
The Kira killings stop for 2 weeks, but then start up again with slightly different victims. Light offers his services to catch the new Kira Killer. L agrees, but is still suspicious of Light, and comes up with a way to monitor him 24/7.
My Thoughts: This is a manga series that I really enjoy. It has a lot of intrigue and humor. Light and L are constantly trying to throw the other off their toes, but their intellect is pretty much equal. I'm curious to see how this series plays out and will continue reading.
I won't say this is my favorite volume of the series so far, but I still had fun reading it. Sometimes Light and L are too smart for me to follow their plots and plans to catch each other. There are times where I'm so confused and lost. Light and L do vast amounts of over-thinking during every situation, and sometimes I'm left there just scratching my head.
I'm interested to see how the story continues, now that we have this new, mystery Kira. I have no idea who it is and how the events will circle back to Light.
I really enjoyed the humor in this volume. Matsuda's little adventure was entertaining and I'm very surprised he's not dead. Misa is that typical, over-excited, crazy-in-love, Japanese girl that always amuses me.
DeathNote is an interesting manga series to read and I'm excited to continue it.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.5/5
They are too smart for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment