Thursday, May 26, 2016

Review: Earthfall (Earthfall #1) by Mark Walden

Title: Earthfall (Earthfall #1)
Author: Mark Walden
Published by: Simon & Schuster Books For Young Readers
Released: 2013
Summary: What if aliens come and they're not exactly peaceful? This is Sam Riley's reality. 18 months ago, he was just a normal boy living a normal life. In one day, his world changed forever. Now he is all alone, living in the sewers, and on the run from an alien species that has enslaved all mankind. He has no idea where his family is, or even if there are any other humans around. With a chance encounter, Sam joins a small resistance and learns startling things about himself and these beings that have taken over his home.
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book. I just happened to come across this book on my library's new shelf, and really had heard nothing about it. I was drawn to the cover and upon reading the synopsis, knew I had to take this home with me. I loved the action in this book. The first 3 chapters were just so intense and I had to keep reading to find out what happened. I enjoyed the way the reader learned things about this world, and the beings that came to inhabit it. This was just very fun reading.
Unfortunately, the middle bit kind of brought it down a little. I can't say I was surprised, considering what a short book this was, but in the middle the reader is introduced to a lot of characters, who unfortunately we don't get to know very much about. There could have been more character development included in the middle. I had trouble remembering who certain characters were, and when they died off, I didn't have the biggest emotional responses to their deaths because I just didn't really know them.
The ending was really cool though. That kind of twist at the end was really intriguing, and I can't wait to see what happens next. This is a fantastic alien story and I definitely think more people need to check it out. It's full of action, explosions, and the fight to save all mankind!
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
The Battle for Earth Is On!

No comments:

Post a Comment