Thursday, January 5, 2017

Around The Year In 52 Books: Week 1

Part of my 2017 goals was to take part in more reading challenges, and one of those challenges I wanted to take part in was the AROUND THE YEAR IN 52 BOOKS CHALLENGE (hear echoes in the distance of challenge... challenge...challenge. Growing fainter each time)

Check it out for yourself here: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/174195-around-the-year-in-52-books

You're supposed to read a book a week, and you pick the book based on prompts for each week. I don't know how well I'm going to do at this, but I'm going to take a shot. I'm not sure how strict the challenge is, if you're supposed to go week by week or if you can go out-of-order? I don't think I'll be that strict with myself. I will try to do a post for this Challenge every time I either am ready to tackle the book or if I have a plan for the book. I want to try a week by week basis, but we'll see.

WEEK 1:
A BOOK FROM THE GOODREAD'S CHOICE AWARDS 2016

MY CHOICE:

TITLE: Dark Matter
AUTHOR: Blake Crouch

I've heard all the buzz about this book and it kind of made me want to read it. Also, that cover just kind of screams READ ME! I don't really know a whole lot about this book, but I've heard it's very fun. I believe this book was a contender in the Science Fiction category of the awards. I can't wait to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment