Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Review: Alienated (Alienated #1) by Melissa Landers


Title: Alienated (Alienated #1)
Author: Melissa Landers
Published by: Hyperion
Released: 2014
Source: Library

Summary: How awesome is it to win a contest you never even entered! Well, that depends on what you won. Cara Sweeney has won the honor and privilege of hosting the first ever alien exchange student. Plus, the option to go to any college she wants with scholarship money. 
Cara isn't exactly excited about hosting an alien though, especially an alien boy. Ever since the L'eihr race has been discovered, humans have been dealing with the reality that we are not alone. The L'eihr's do have awesome technology, and have provided a cure for cancer, so that's a plus in their favor. The feeling of mistrust still lingers in the air. 
Cara must learn to live with her new, alien roomie Aelyx. It helps that he's cute. Maybe Cara will feel more for Aelyx than she ever imagined.
My Thoughts: This was a fun, little story. It had a very addicting quality about it that I enjoyed. It was mostly just a fun read.
As I went farther into the book, it became an odd mix of fun and serious/dangerous issues. It kind of threw me for a loop when I came across that change. I wasn't expecting it. The writing still had that addicting quality about it, but it wasn't as fun anymore. It was sad seeing the way the town reacted towards Aelyx. How Cara ended up ostracized and losing all her friends. They way human nature can react to differences can be just so sad.
I also felt like the romance got put on fast forward halfway through the book. They had this whole cool, slow burn thing going, and then it just went into hyperdrive. I like those romances that take a little time, so I didn't really enjoy the suddenly we're in love bit.
This book was an interesting mix for me. I liked some parts, and was just okay with others. I'm definitely going to continue on with the series, because I'm interested.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.5/5
We Are Not Alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment