Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday: Top 5 Books You Were Spoiled For

This week's Top 5 Wednesday is the Top 5 Books You Were SPOILED For. There have been a couple. The internet has only made the book SPOILING that much worse. There have been times where I've kept myself away from any reviews or people that would SPOIL the book for me, and then when I least expect it, I'm SPOILED on twitter or instagram. It's an awful feeling. Who wants to be SPOILED for a book? Part of the fun is being surprised by all the twists and turns. Anyway, here's the Top 5 Books That I Was SPOILED For. WARNING!! There will probably be SPOILERS ahead, which is funny considering this is a post about books you were SPOILED for.

  

5. 172 Hours on the Moon by Johan Harstad - This one I think I might have been SPOILED for, just because I've heard (SPOILERS) that it ends badly. Haven't read it yet, but I'm excited to. I know that this one is about space and some kids are sent up there because they won some type of lottery. The trip turns terrifying somehow. I love space books. So, even if I have been inadvertently SPOILED for this one, I still gonna read it.
4. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn - This one I managed to stay away from all the SPOILERS, until I watched a lone episode of 20/20. 20/20 SPOILED this book for me. Just plain mean really. Still gonna read it anyway, but now I might know at least one of the twists.
3. Shadowlands (Shadowlands #1) by Kate Brian - Okay, this one I SPOILED for myself, because I read the last page. Warning to others, don't read the last page before you finish the book, because it gives a pretty big thing away. I have this bad habit of turning to the last page of a book and reading the last couple sentences. Sometimes I do it when there's a possible relationship involved and I want to see if it worked out for the couple. Sometimes I'm just not able to contain my curiosity and need to read ahead. I end up regretting it, but I just can't help myself. This book was really good though. As long as you don't read the last page prematurely, you'll definitely be shocked by the twist.
2. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (HP #6) by J.K. Rowling - My Dad SPOILED this one for me and he didn't even read the series. I think he was browsing the internet, before the book had come out, and came across the SPOILER that someone of vast importance dies. I didn't believe him, because I live in a state of denial, so when he turned out to be right, my mouth fell open in shock. I forgive him though, even though it's hard haha.
1. Allegiant (Divergent #3) by Veronica Roth - Who wasn't SPOILED for this one? It's got to be everybody. I mean, it's a little annoying, but I guess I can understand. I mean the death of a character can cause enough shock and urge to grieve and talk about it. Haven't read this series yet. I still plan on it, even though some of the excitement is gone because I know how it ends.

So those were the Top 5 Books I Was SPOILED For. What books were SPOILED for you? Let me know in the comments below. If you want to join in on the Top 5 Wednesday fun, you totally should. Each Wednesday is a fun topic to think about, talk about, and share. Fun times. Check out all the other Top 5 Wednesday-ers here!



No comments:

Post a Comment