Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday: Top 5 Worst Love Interests

Ooh this topic is going to be a fun one. Thanks to the overused love triangle aspect, there are so many characters that I think make awful love interests. I actually have a little more than 5, but I'll include them as my honorable mentions. So, here's my Top 5 Worst Love interests.

HONORABLE (OR DIS-HONORABLE) MENTIONS
 

--Carmen from The Living by Matt de la Pena- Our main character Shy was pretty into Carmen in this book. Too into her in my opinion. She makes a bad love interest because she is ENGAGED TO SOMEBODY ELSE!! Shy should stay far, far away from another man's girl. Also, if a girl cheats on her fiance, what's to say she won't cheat on Shy? Yes, Carmen was a bad idea. Shy needs to get over her and go for someone else.
-- Tom Forelli from Sweet by Emmy Laybourne- Tom just puts a bad taste in my mouth. I didn't really like him that much in the book. I felt like he was too into himself. And when he first gets with our main girl character, it just felt so awkward and icky. To me, Tom seemed like he was more into himself than he would be to any significant other.

 
  

5. Seb from Angel Fire by L.A. Weatherly- The only reason Seb makes his way onto this list is because he was an unneeded addition to an already established couple. It felt like he was added just to make a love triangle possible. I couldn't root for Seb, because I was already Team Alex. Seb would have been so much better off as a friend character.
4. Nance O'Neil from Maplecroft by Cherie Priest- From a historical standpoint, I have a problem with Nance O'Neil as a love interest because that was never proven. She was a documented friend of Lizzie Borden, but I think it's kind of a stretch to make her her lover. Now maybe I'm wrong on this one, because every fictionalized version of Lizzie Borden I've seen has turned her into a lesbian. Show me the proof, and maybe I'll believe you.
Now as for fiction Nance O'Neil in this book, she was awful. Reading her sections was just very annoying. Plus she was nosy as heck. If Lizzie says there's nothing interesting in the basement, then just forget about the basement already! She was also weirdly jealous of Emma, Lizzie's sister. Nance was just an idiot in this book, which is why I couldn't like her, root for her, or feel sorry for her.
3. Lavender Brown from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling- This has got to be the oddest relationship in all of Harry Potter. Lavender Brown was so clingy. She'd be one of those people who would post all kinds of mushy, gag-worthy things on Facebook, proclaiming to the world her love for Ronald Weasley. The movie did a really good job of playing up the funny on this relationship. Lavender Brown was just a bad idea.
2. The Darkling from Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo- I've only read the first book in this series, but I didn't like The Darkling as a possible love interest. He's a very manipulative, evil character. His intentions were bad. I know there are a lot of people who ship The Darkling, but I am not one of them. I mean that could change if I read the other books in the series, but as of now, he falls in the bad category.
1. Morpheus from Splintered by A.G. Howard- Ughh Morpheus. I'm pretty sure I hated him as a love interest from page one. To me, he's just so icky. So untrustworthy. Now, I've only read the first book and first novella from this series, so my opinions could change, but I hated Morpheus in the first book. I know a lot of people like Morpheus, I've just yet to see why.

So those are my Top 5 Worst Love Interests for this Top 5 Wednesday. What are yours? Let me know in the comments below. And if you want to join in on the Top 5 Wednesday fun, you totally should. Each Wednesday is a new, fun topic to think about and come up with answers for. Check out all the other Top 5 Wednesday-ers Here!



No comments:

Post a Comment