Saturday, July 2, 2016

Reading Right Now! (72)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...

Title: The Girl At Midnight (#1)
Author: Melissa Grey
I'm about 44% of the way through the book and am really enjoying it.

I wasn't sure what to expect when I first started this. I wasn't sure that I would be into it. The synopsis explains it as a group of bird people versus a group of dragon people who have been battling for centuries. A girl named Echo was kind of adopted by the bird people (The Avicen), not everyone in the race accepts her. The Avicen live deep underground and have the ability to do magic. Echo kind of gets drawn into a race to find a mystical creature that has been prophesied to end the war.
I didn't expect this to be so fun. I'm really enjoying it. The writing is really addicting. The characters are really fun. I thought I was going to get something weird, with Bird people and Dragon people, but I'm really into it. I'm flying through it so far and can't wait to see what happens in the end. I'll definitely be on the lookout for the sequel.
As for what I'm going to read next, I don't know. I had a plan. I was going to read a review book. I then discovered that the review book was the second in a series, and I haven't read the first. I always seem to do this. I might have to see if I can get my hands on the first book or buy it. I should really look into these things more before hitting the request button for books.
So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! Tell me what you are reading in the comments below. I'd love to know. If you've read The Girl At Midnight, what did you think of it? Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment