5. It's a tie between Nevernight by Jay Kristoff and The Leaving by Tara Altebrando because I'm interested in both of them. Nevernight has been getting a lot of praise recently and it sounds intriguing. I've read a short story by Kristoff and Illuminae which he co-wrote, and have to admit that I wasn't blown away by either one, but there's just something intriguing about the stories he writes that makes me want to continue to read them.
I think I heard about The Leaving from a book blog or a booktube channel. It just sounded good. I think it's like a thriller/mystery kind of thing, and I do tend to enjoy those.
4. Steeplejack by A.J. Hartley and I think that this made it onto my list because of the cover, and because I thought I heard it was an urban fantasy. I love Urban Fantasy, it can be so much fun to read.
3. Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel this one got a lot of buzz before its release. It is also a novel written in a different style and format and I tend to be really drawn to those types of books. I just want to read it.
2. The Chemist by Stephenie Meyer I literally just heard the news about this one today and how could I not add this book to my wishlist? I am not ashamed to admit that I really like The Twilight Saga. I really like The Host. It's kind of like a blast from my teenage reading past, because it's another book finally coming out from an author that I really enjoy. I mean it doesn't come out until November 2016, but that's closer than nothing coming out at all. I hope it's good. It looks good. It's described as a thriller.
1. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling and others because sadly, it doesn't look like this was all her own thing. Of course this is on my wishlist, because it's Harry Potter, but I'm really nervous about it too. I'm not the biggest fan of books written in play form, because that's not what I expect from Harry Potter. I'm also nervous because Harry Potter occupies such a big part of my reading life, my reading history. I don't want this book to be just a money grab. I don't want this book to add a stain to what is an impeccable series to me. I want this to be good. Please let this be good.
So that is my Top 5 Wednesday: Top 5 Most Recent Additions To My Wishlist. What are yours? Do we share any of the same ones? If you want to join in on the Top 5 Wednesday fun, you totally should. Each Wednesday is a new, fun topic to contemplate and consider. Check out all the other Top 5 Wednesday-ers Here!