Saturday, July 30, 2016

Reading Right Now! (76)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is a plethora of things. I used a big word, be amazed.

 

Lark Ascending (Skylark #3) by Meagan Spooner: This is the last book in the Skylark Series. I read the second book probably about a year ago, and I'm pleased to say that I'm not as lost as I thought I'd be with jumping into the third one. The books have stuck with me, which is good. This series is kind of a weird mash-up of dystopian, post-apocalyptic, and a little fantasy. I was interested in reading it because Meagan Spooner is the co-author of These Broken Stars which I really enjoyed. I'm only about 60 pages into this, but so far I'm enjoying it. It's kind of on my list of average series, but I don't think it's a waste of reading time. Hopefully I get farther in this.

City of Stairs (The Divine Cities #1) by Robert Jackson Bennett: I'm on Page 37 of this, I think, and so far it's been a little slow going. This is a fantasy revolving around this world where religion has been squashed by the conquering country. Natives of the conquered country aren't allowed to know any of their religious symbols or anything about their past gods. Then a murder happens and someone comes to investigate. I'm a little iffy on this so far. It didn't necessarily grab me from page one. Sometimes I have interesting relationships with fantasy books. I will persevere and hope I like it more as it goes on. It has really great ratings on goodreads.

And One More

iZombie, Volume 1: Dead To The World by Chris Roberson, Mike Allred, Laura Allred, and Todd Klein: I've only got a little bit left to read of this and I'm enjoying it. It's a comic, so it's fast and fun. I don't really watch the CW adaptation, maybe because it took the time slot of my favorite Hart of Dixie and I secretly blame it for HOD's cancellation. ZADE!!!


 But I like the art and the story in this is interesting so far.

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment