Monday, July 18, 2016

Review: The Dark Discovery of Jack Dandy (Steampunk Chronicles #2.5) by Kady Cross

Title: The Dark Discovery of Jack Dandy (Steampunk Chronicles #2.5)
Author: Kady Cross
Published by: Harlequin Teen
Released: 2013
Source: Library
Summary: Jack Dandy, the King of Whitechapel. The criminal mastermind that you can't help but love. This novella connects Jack to the events in the Third Book. This novella explains a little of Jack's past. Dandy is hired by an aristocrat to pick up a package from one location and deliver it to another. Of course it's a little fishy because they're hiring a criminal to do what seems to be an ordinary job. While Jack's on the job, he discovers much more than he bargains for.
My Thoughts: Before reading this, I'd been in a bit of a slump. I needed something I could get through fast, and this novella was perfect for that. I love Jack Dandy! He's one of my favorite criminals. He's one of my favorite characters in this series. He's so morally gray, but you can't help but love him.
This novella gives a little bit of Jack's backstory. Answers to where he came from and why he is the way he is. This novella also connects Jack to the events that happen in the third book.
I enjoyed this novella. I'm a big fan of this series, so I plan on reading anything and everything connected to it. Do you have to read this novella in order to understand everything in the series? No. If you don't read this you won't be missing any crucial bits of the story, but if you love Jack Dandy, then definitely give this a read. Jack sort of reminds me of a non-pirate Jack Sparrow. He's got that thing that makes him adorable.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.5/5
Oh Jack Dandy, you're adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment