Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday: Top 5 Favorite Books Outside Your Comfort Zone

Welcome to another Top 5 Wednesday! This week's topic is the Top 5 Favorite Books Outside Your Comfort Zone. This week's topic is difficult for me. I like to think that I'm pretty open to what types of books I read. If it looks good, I'll read it. I don't tend to just stick to YA, or horror, or contemporary, or science fiction. I feel like I'll read anything and everything. Now, I don't read a lot of Non-Fiction, just because I'm not really into that, and I'm still not into that, so there will be no Non-Fiction on this list. So, I thought I'd share some books that got me more excited about different genres. I hope that works for this week's topic, I do have a history of just ignoring whatever it is I'm supposed to be discussing, and going off on my own ramble, but here it goes...

 
  

5. Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan: I hadn't read very many, or maybe even any, space books before I won Glow through a Goodreads FirstReads Giveaway. I read it and really, really liked it. It got me interested in reading more space books, and might have even set off my various forays into science fiction. I still need to read the rest of the books in the series, but Glow is really good and I recommend you read it. Also, give Space a chance, it's a really good time.

4. Night Film by Marisha Pessl: I wouldn't even know how to describe how this is out of my comfort zone. I guess it's categorized as a mystery or a thriller. I mainly picked it up because of the cover and the knowledge that it was a story told through various formats. I loved this book though. Loved it so much. It really made me excited to try more thrillers and really drew me to other books that were told in different formats. It was a story that messed with my head.

3. Vicious by V.E. Schwab: My Super Power Books experience had been limited before I picked this one up. I don't think I really noticed many books about superheroes and superpowers. But after reading this book, I'm on the hunt for more super powered fun. This book is awesome, great, the best, all the good words that I can say about it. According to Goodreads, there is supposed to be a sequel. It has a title, but no release date. When it comes out, it will be a happy day.

2. The First Days by Rhiannon Frater: Before The First Days, I hadn't really stuck my toe into the wonderful world of zombies. This book gave me everything I wanted and more. It led me to wanting to read ALLLLL the zombie books. It was just that great. Still need to finish the series, don't act so surprised.

1. Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman: I can definitely say that this genre was out of the comfort zone that I usually reach for. It's a Western, and I don't tend to read many Westerns. I think that's because not a lot of new Westerns' tend to get published. Westerns' were super popular back in the day, but kind of got forgotten. This was such an awesome book though. Not only is the cover a thing of beauty, but the story contains an awesome protagonist who is vicious on her quest for revenge. I'm definitely going to be on the lookout for more Westerns. I hope they publish more YA Westerns, or just new fiction Westerns. Also in HOORAY news, Vengeance Road is getting a companion novel to it sometime in 2017. I am so excited for it and hope the cover is just as beautiful as the first book.

So that's my Top 5 Wednesday. My Top 5 Favorite Books Outside My Comfort Zone. In all honesty, it's probably just another list of my favorite books. I'm bad about sticking to these topics. I'll probably watch videos and read posts of other peoples' Top 5 Wednesdays, and think, Ooh that would have been a smart way to do it. Why didn't I think of that? If you want to join in on the Top 5 Wednesday fun, you totally should. Each Wednesday is a new, fun topic to contemplate and consider. Check out all the other Top 5 Wednesday-ers Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment