Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday: Top 5 Books You Wish Had Sequels

This week's Top 5 Wednesday is the Top 5 Books You Wish Had Sequels. I'm going to cheat a little bit, again, and include completed series that I wish had more books. I think that can fit for this topic, so I'm gonna do it. So Let's Get To It!!!

  

5. The Hero's Guide To Saving Your Kingdom Series by Christopher Healy: This is one of my cheats because it's a finished series. Actually, looking at my list, they are all cheats :D When I read this middle grade series, I loved it sooo much! It made me laugh, and I was sad to see it end. I could read about these Prince's adventures for many, many more books. It is a hilarious series and I want more of it.
4. The Altered Saga by Jennifer Rush: In full disclosure, I've not read any of the e-novellas in this series, just because I can't find them anywhere to read where I don't have to pay for them, and I'm just not a fan of paying $1.99, $2.99, or $3.99 for a 30 page novella. So I don't know if those novellas help bring any closure to the series or not. I have read all the physical books though and loved them so much. They played out like action movies, with government experiments and people having to find out who they really are. I felt like the last book didn't give me the closure that I wanted from the series. I want more of this series because it is fun, it has tons of action, and all the boys are super cute and strong.
3. Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman: I picked this book up mainly because of the beautiful cover and was blown away by the story inside. It made me want to read more Westerns. This is a cheat because we are getting a kind of sequel to this book. It is going to have different main characters, but it will be set in the same world, and some of the characters from the last book will hopefully make an appearance. It's not a straight sequel to the series, but more like a companion novel. I'm super excited for it and can't wait to see the beauty that will be the cover. If they do a cover change, I will revolt with pitchfork and torches.
2. The Illusive Duology by Emily Lloyd-Jones: There needs to be sooo many more books in this series. Just like in the Altered series, I didn't feel that I really got the closure I wanted in the last book. This series is about people with super abilities, which I love reading about. The characters in this book have to hide out from the government and so lead lives of crime. It's fantastic and so much fun. I need more from this series, I need more!
1. Vicious by V.E. Schwab: This one is kind of, sort of a cheat, because if you look on Goodreads.com, you will see a page for the sequel, but that sequel has no release date and might not even have a title. This book is also about questionable, super-powered people and when I read it, I just devoured it. It has morally ambiguous characters, which I'm such a fan of. I hope the wait for the sequel isn't too long and it turns out to be a good one.

So that's my Top 5 Wednesday: Top 5 Books I Wish Had Sequels. As an Honorable Mention, I will also say Harry Potter because I would love more Harry Potter. I would love to go back in time and get the Marauders' time at Hogwarts. That would be a lot of fun. Anyway, what books do you wish had sequels? Do you agree with any of my choices? If you want to join in on the Top 5 Wednesday fun, you totally should. Each Wednesday is a new, fun topic to contemplate and consider. It's just a good time to have on a Wednesday. Check out all the other Top 5 Wednesday-ers Here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment