Friday, July 15, 2016

Reading Right Now! (74)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...

 

-- The Twilight Zone: The Original Stories Edited by Martin Harry Greenberg, Richard Matheson, and Charles G. Waugh: I have been watching The Twilight Zone on Netflix and have been enjoying it. It's a classic staple of TV history, especially for its foray into the weird and strange. I think I stumbled across this book on Goodreads, thought it sounded good, and decided to request it from my library. What I'm really loving about this one, is that it's the original stories, stories that made it onto the show. At the beginning of each short story, it tells the author, who wrote the teleplay, when the episode aired, and the stars of the episode. I just think that's pretty cool. I'm on page 98 and have read about 5 stories. So far, I'm loving it. Most of the stories I've read have been really fast paced, and I've remembered a couple of the episodes that they became. It also included one of my favorite episodes, that is particularly horrifying to me. It's titled Time Enough At Last, and is all about a man who just wants the time to read a book from start to finish. I won't spoil it for you, because it's a pretty good episode, but the reader in you will wail at the ending. It hurts deep in the soul.

I plan to continue reading this, but not put pressure on myself to finish it this week. It's good though, really good. The Twilight Zone is a classic and everyone should partake in its greatness.

-- The Summer That Melted Everything by Tiffany McDaniel: I was contacted by the author who asked if I wanted to read and review this, and I was very excited to accept. I love getting stuff for review. Even being considered to review something is just so exciting, like I've almost made it in the booktube, book blog, bookstagram, reviewing world. Thank you Tiffany McDaniel!! Oh and it's also her debut novel.
This book also sounded pretty interesting too. It's about this small town where the devil comes to stay. The devil shows up in the form of a little boy and stays with this family. The town is going through a heat wave that just won't break, which could be a byproduct of the devil being there, and maybe some residents in the town start to lose it a little. It sounds like it could be a very good read. I need to read and review this because it comes out on July 26, 2016, and I want to get my review out right around when the book comes out.

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! or what's in my Immediate Reading Future. Have you read any of the books I mentioned? If so, let me know in the comments below. What are you Reading Right Now?

No comments:

Post a Comment