Monday, July 4, 2016

Review: Shadowlands (Shadowlands #1) by Kate Brian

Title: Shadowlands (Shadowlands #1)
Author: Kate Brian
Published by: Hyperion
Released: 2012
Summary: Rory Miller's life was shattered after she got attacked by a notorious serial killer. She escaped, and the killer did too. For her family's safety, they are put in the witness protection program. The killer who attacked Rory is one who won't give up, who will chase her until he gets her. Rory's family is moved to the island of Juniper Landing. Juniper Landing is idyllic, and also a little weird. There's no cell service or internet. The locals seem super interested in Rory and she doesn't know why. Juniper Landing is not what it seems and Rory will soon find out just what is going on.
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this one. It was a fast-paced, mysterious, and a compelling read. I kept wanting to know what exactly was going on. It had an addicting quality to it that just makes a book fun to read.
I loved the whole island setting. The slightly sinister feel that it had and that super creepy fog. The island was just full of secrets, and I'm excited to learn more about it.
The thriller, serial killer aspect was really enjoyable too. It had that shocking, edge-of-your-seat feel to it. Although after all that build up for it, the end was kind of anti-climatic.
The only part that sort of annoyed me was that non-ending ending. After all the mystery surrounding the island, I wanted some explanation. It just left off on the biggest, almost rage-inducing, cliffhanger. I wanted answers! And all I got was more questions. I didn't appreciate that part.
All in all, this book was a lot of fun to read. It was very fast, mysterious, and compelling. I can't wait to get my hands on the next book, just so I can get some answers to all my unresolved questions.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
Good Stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment