Friday, July 22, 2016

Reading Right Now! (75)

Title: The Accident Season
Author: Moira Fowley-Doyle
I'm almost done with this. I'd estimate that I have about 50+ pages left

The premise for this book is probably what got me, a family that is plagued by accidents every October. They are cursed, but for what reason?? I have no idea. All has not been revealed to me. This book also got a big media rollout when it was released. It seemed that I was hearing about it everywhere. They spent those advertising dollars on this book.
I won't lie, I'm kind of addicted to this book. It's not going to necessarily be a favorite book of 2016, but it definitely has been an interesting ride so far. I'm gonna classify this one as magical realism, because it has some unexplained, strange elements to it. It's kind of a weird book, but it's oddly compelling. I just can't look away from it. 
I would recommend not trying to read multiple books at the same time while reading this. I made that mistake. There's a kind of magic to it that draws you in, but that magic can be hard to recapture if you take a break from it. It's the perfect book to just immerse yourself it.
Some people might also flag this for an inappropriate relationship, but I'm kind of for it. I root for it because in the end, I know they are not related.

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment