Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday: Most Unlikable Characters

Time for another Top 5 Wednesday!!! This week's topic is our Most Unlikable Characters, excluding villains. These are our Most Unliked Protagonists or Side Characters. Characters that we are supposed to like, but just don't.  I've got a solid three. Three characters I can say with certainty that I just don't like at all. These could be controversial, but I don't really care. Here are my Most Unlikable Characters...


3. Lexa from The 100: Oh yes, I went there. I will say it loud and proud, I never really liked Lexa. When she was first introduced, I was maybe semi-intrigued by her, but quickly tired. Her character was always so wooden and unemotional. I never connected with her. Then at the end of Season 2, she pretty much betrays all The 100 and leaves them to a sad fate. I really, really disliked her then. In Season 3, I was supposed to buy into her redemption story, but just because Clarke forgave her never meant that I did. I then had to endure the ship that would never die that was Clexa. Oh the pain and agony. I was a Bellarke shipper, and having to see Clexa after Clexa scene made me want to scream. Now, I don't really care if Clarke ends up alone and unloved. Clarke has managed to annoy me all through Season 3, so I'm at the point of not caring about her anymore. As long as Bellamy Blake gets happiness, I'll be okay.
So yeah, I don't like Lexa. Obviously the feelings are still strong. I felt she was a robotic, unemotional leader who never really inspired any feelings in me except frustration. Nothing against the actress. I've watched her in Fear the Walking Dead and am excited to see where things go with her character. And I just want to clarify that I don't have to be a fan of the ship. It doesn't make me a hateful, bigoted person. It just means that I never liked Lexa and wasn't a fan of their relationship. I only put that out there because the war that goes between these ships is strong, and can be cruel.


2. Morpheus from the Splintered Trilogy: Oh boy, Oh boy do I despise this fan favorite character from the series. I find Morpheus to be selfish and manipulative. His character makes him completely unattractive. Anytime he shows up, bad things happen, bad things he's usually set into motion. I do not like Morpheus. He's the worst.


1. Alex from The Covenant series: I don't think I've despised a main character as much as I've despised Alex. I don't go for characters who are full of themselves, who think they are the best thing ever, Alex is all those things and more. She's always bragging about how good she is at fighting, how skilled she is, and then when it comes to fights, she gets beaten in like 2 seconds. She also makes the stupidest decisions, which caused much grief for her friends and family. I just couldn't stand Alex. She was the worst. If you're going to brag about how great you are, I want you to actually have the skills to back it up. She was such an annoyance through all 5 books.

So that's my Top 5 (but really 3) Wednesday Most Unlikable Characters Protagonist and Side Characters Edition. These are characters that you are supposed to like, but you just don't. Who are characters you despise? I'd love to know. If you want to join in on the Top 5 Wednesday fun, you totally should. Each Wednesday is a new, fun topic to contemplate and consider. Check out all the other Top 5 Wednesday-ers Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment