Saturday, April 30, 2016

Reading Right Now! (63)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...

 

-- The Girl in 6E by A.R. Torre-- I'm about 100 pages in which according to Goodreads.com is 28%-- I heard about this on booktube, the people I was watching were really liking it. It's about a girl named Deanna, who believes that if she ever leaves her apartment, she'll kill all kinds of people. So she stays locked up in her apartment, ordering all she needs to survive off the internet. She also earns her income on the internet, she works as a cam girl. She preforms sexual acts for money. So yes, this is a very adult read. There is a lot of sex acts described in great detail. That's about all I know so far.
I'm liking it, but it is a little strange, a little weird. Sometimes I'm just like, what the crap am I reading. I would hate to have someone read over my shoulder while I'm reading this because I'm afraid they would think that I'm a freak. Does anyone else have that problem or fear when reading books with a bunch of sexy time?
It's been a very quick read so far. The chapters are super short. I don't know what exactly's going to happen next, but I think Deanna might have to catch a really sick killer. So I can see why people like it, it's a very addictive, if strange, read.

-- The Uninvited by Cat Winters-- I started this one today and am on page 40 currently, which according to Goodreads is about 11%-- Started this one today and I'm liking it so far. It is set in 1918 during the outbreak of the flu epidemic. The country is also being ravaged by war and strong anti-German sentiment. Our main character Ivy is just recovering from the flu when her father and brother come into the house covered in blood. They have just killed a German resident of their town and will probably face no repercussions. Ivy is appalled at what her family has done, wants nothing more to do with them, and so she leaves home. I'm not sure what her overall plan is, considering she's a 25 year old, unmarried woman who's only income comes from teaching piano lessons. Oh, Ivy can also see ghosts, the ghosts tend to appear right before someone dies.
I read a short story by Cat Winters in the anthology Slasher Girls and Monster Boys and really enjoyed it. She tends to write historical fiction, which I love, with a small, supernatural twist maybe. Anyway, I'm excited to get more into this.

Also Plan on Starting

-- I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh-- I won this through the Goodreads FirstReads Program. So, I got this for free to read and review. I highly recommend entering as many giveaways as you can on Goodreads, because what is better than Free Books! I've just got to get better at reading and reviewing all the books I end up winning.
Anyway, what I know about this is that it's about a mother that loses her son to a hit and run accident. I think she blames herself a lot. Then the synopsis says something about two detectives taking up the case. I've heard really good things about it from those who have already read it. It's categorized as a thriller with some massive twists. I can't wait to get into it. It releases May 3, 2016. So it's almost out into the world and I really need to read it. I'm hoping that I love it as much as everyone else.

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! Tell me what you are reading in the comments below. I always do like to know. If you've read any of my current reads, tell me what you thought of them. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment