5. Harry Potter (any book in the series really) by J.K. Rowling: Harry Potter is such a comfort read for me, and all the books have this highly addicting quality. If I had to be stuck inside all day, I could definitely see myself just going back to Hogwarts and having the best time.
4. Altered by Jennifer Rush: This is the perfect Action/Adventure read. I feel like YA literature doesn't have that many action/adventure/thriller books and it's such a shame because they are so much fun. If I have to be stuck inside for a whole day, I want something I can fly through and really enjoy. I don't want it to feel like it's a chore to read. This book, and series really, is just pure fun with so many twists and turns. It would make for the perfect rainy day read.
3. Slasher Girls and Monster Boys edited by April Genevieve Tucholke: This would be perfect for rainy days, thunderstorm style. This is actually my current read and I'm really enjoying it. A thunderstorm would be perfect to set the mood for all of these creepy tales. I haven't finished it yet, but from what I've read so far, I can tell you it's good. If you want a scare on your rainy day, pick up this awesome anthology.
2. Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman: Want to get lost in a Western? If so, pick this up immediately. This is such an addictive read. One wouldn't even be mad at being stuck inside on a rainy day if they had Vengeance Road to read. This is one of those books where you'll be racing to the end to see what happens. It's sooooo good.
1. Night Film by Marisha Pessl: This is perfect to immerse yourself in if you are stuck inside all day. Full of twists, turns, unsettling feelings, and what-the-heck-is-going-on-ness. I loved this when I read it and it's a book that I can't seem to forget about. A Thunderstorm would be good for this one too, because it would really capture that creepy vibe. Love this book. It would be a perfect read for any day, but especially for a day where you had nothing else to do.
So that's my Top 5 Rainy Day Reads. What are yours? Tell me in the comments below, because I would love to know. If you want to join in on the Top 5 Wednesday fun, you totally should. Each Wednesday is a new topic to contemplate and consider. Check out all the other Top 5 Wednesday-ers Here!