Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Top 5 Wednesday: Top 5 Rainy Day Reads

This week's Top 5 Wednesday is our Top 5 Rainy Day Reads. I'm interpreting this prompt as the weather is so bad, I can't go outside, but it's okay because I've got this great book to read. The books I picked were all highly addictive reads that I couldn't put down. Some I picked because a rainy day, especially with thunder and lightning, would make the perfect atmosphere for what I was reading. Anywho, I picked some books that I just couldn't, wouldn't, and didn't want to put down.

 

5. Harry Potter (any book in the series really) by J.K. Rowling: Harry Potter is such a comfort read for me, and all the books have this highly addicting quality. If I had to be stuck inside all day, I could definitely see myself just going back to Hogwarts and having the best time.
4. Altered by Jennifer Rush: This is the perfect Action/Adventure read. I feel like YA literature doesn't have that many action/adventure/thriller books and it's such a shame because they are so much fun. If I have to be stuck inside for a whole day, I want something I can fly through and really enjoy. I don't want it to feel like it's a chore to read. This book, and series really, is just pure fun with so many twists and turns. It would make for the perfect rainy day read.

 

3. Slasher Girls and Monster Boys edited by April Genevieve Tucholke: This would be perfect for rainy days, thunderstorm style. This is actually my current read and I'm really enjoying it. A thunderstorm would be perfect to set the mood for all of these creepy tales. I haven't finished it yet, but from what I've read so far, I can tell you it's good. If you want a scare on your rainy day, pick up this awesome anthology.
2. Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman: Want to get lost in a Western? If so, pick this up immediately. This is such an addictive read. One wouldn't even be mad at being stuck inside on a rainy day if they had Vengeance Road to read. This is one of those books where you'll be racing to the end to see what happens. It's sooooo good.


1. Night Film by Marisha Pessl: This is perfect to immerse yourself in if you are stuck inside all day. Full of twists, turns, unsettling feelings, and what-the-heck-is-going-on-ness. I loved this when I read it and it's a book that I can't seem to forget about. A Thunderstorm would be good for this one too, because it would really capture that creepy vibe. Love this book. It would be a perfect read for any day, but especially for a day where you had nothing else to do.

So that's my Top 5 Rainy Day Reads. What are yours? Tell me in the comments below, because I would love to know. If you want to join in on the Top 5 Wednesday fun, you totally should. Each Wednesday is a new topic to contemplate and consider. Check out all the other Top 5 Wednesday-ers Here!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, yes! I'm for sure waiting for a perfectly dark and gloomy day to pick up Slasher Girls and Monster Boys--preferably in the fall, but if the mood strikes any other time it'll be just as well.

    Great list! I can definitely see why you chose each of these books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D
      It's actually been refreshing to read Slasher Girls and Monster Boys because I think I was craving something creepy scary, I just didn't know that that's what I was looking for. If you like creepy, than I think you'll like SG&MB.

      Delete