Saturday, April 16, 2016

Reading Right Now! (61)

Before I get into what I'm Reading Right Now!,  I thought I should explain my lack of posts for the past week. It has all come down to laziness and that's why nothing has been posted. Sometimes I need a break, and I guess this was my break time. I'm behind on my The 100 posts, so I'll have to catch up on that. And yeah, there's no reason to be worried about me, I'm fine, just super, super lazy. I'd look at my computer and think, I really need to type up my post for tomorrow, and then I'd just continue to lay in bed. So that's my pathetic story.
Anyway... I'm trying to juggle three books this week. I don't know if I'll be successful in the long run, but I'm going to keep on trying. I've become a little overwhelmed with all the library books I have out, shocker, and I'm trying to read one from each library system, as well as a book that I just kind of wanted to read.
What I'm Reading Right Now! is...

 

-- The 100: Day 21 by Kass Morgan - This is the sequel to The 100, obviously, well I mean it's obvious that it's part of The 100 series anyway. I'm a super fan of the show, as you probably already know from my episode reviews. I'd read the first book awhile ago and enjoyed it, so I decided to dive into the next one. This is the book that I kind of wanted to read. I want to finish this and then go on to the third and final book. For those with the questions, Is this anything like the tv show?, No, no it's not. The books and the TV show are two completely different entities, and that's why I think I'm able to enjoy both of them. The only thing they really have in common is the concept. Sending 100 juvenile delinquents down to Earth centuries after it had been destroyed by a nuclear holocaust. There are some of the same characters names, but they are different beings from the characters on the show, if that makes sense.
I'm about 140 pages into this and really enjoying it. I like that these books give me that The 100 feel, but in a more mellow version. I also love the different storylines it explores and how the book characters are given different motivations and backgrounds than the show characters. I appreciate the books for what they are, fun.

--Unhinged (Splintered #2) by A.G. Howard - I picked this out from my TBR jar, and I'm about 140 pages into this one too. I'm kind of just meh about this series. I enjoyed parts of the first one, Splintered, but it also had almost too much weirdness and strangeness for me to handle. I'm one of those people that has to finish a series once I've started it, and I didn't hate the first book, so it's not like I'm really struggling while reading this one. So far, not a lot has happened. 
I am not a fan of Morphues though. I know, shock at me not liking the fan favorite character. I think he's a slimeball.

And finally

-- Alienated (Alienated #1) by Melissa Landers - Just started this one today and I'm really enjoying it. It's about this girl who is chosen to be host family to this alien boy. I'm about 70 pages in, and so far, it's been really fun. Kind of light and addictive, which I like.

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! Hopefully I can make progress on all these books, maybe even finish one before next week. And I hope to be better at updating the blog next week too. What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment