Monday, May 2, 2016

Review: East of West: Volume 1 by Jonathan Hickman, Nick Dragotta, and Frank Martin


Title: East of West: Volume 1
Written by: Jonathan Hickman
Artist: Nick Dragotta
Colors: Frank Martin
Letters: Rus Wooton
Published by: Image Comics, Inc.
Released: September 2013
Summary: ??? I don't know how to describe this one. I'll say this, it's a Western Sci-fi hybrid. The Earth is getting nearer to its Death. Four horsemen roam the Earth, but the last one has gone Rogue. Will Earth be saved or have our mistakes already doomed it? One of the weirdest westerns you'll ever read.
My Thoughts: So weird, yet really enjoyable. I flew through this just to find out what was going on. I really enjoyed the Western/Sci-fi hybrid feel this has. It's definitely a unique read and I'd recommend it just for that.
I loved the art style. That was probably my favorite part. The coloring captured the feeling of Western horizons and Sci-fi landscapes. Really interesting to look at.
This was weird and fun. I recommend checking it out if you want something unique.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.8/5
Weird, fun, and colorful.

No comments:

Post a Comment