Wednesday, June 6, 2012

May Favorites!

Well now that the month of May is over it's time for me to inform you of my favorite books I read during the month. I had another disastrous reading month, I only managed to finish four books. Absolutely abysmal. I did pick 3 favorites out of the bunch and will highlight them here.

 Fated (Soul Seekers, #1)
FATED
By: Alyson Noel
I won this book from the Goodreads First Reads program, so thanks to them and thanks to St. Martin's Griffin for mailing me my first ever ARC! Woo hoo!
I enjoyed Fated. I thought it was an excellent introduction to the series and while I didn't always like Daire, I was eager to find out what would happen next. Also, two hot twins with piercing blue eyes *swoon*. I also really liked the Native American and Mexican culture and traditions that were sprinkled within the story. Overall, just a good solid read that I would recommend.

Green Eyed Envy (Shades of Fury, #2) 
GREEN-EYED ENVY: A SHADES OF FURY NOVEL
By: Kasey Mackenzie
This book is a solid second in a series to the fantastic first, Red Hot Fury. I can't seem to stop gushing about the first one and while the second doesn't reach the greatness of the first, it's still a good read. This is a series I would recommend to anybody. It's a great adult urban fantasy series with Furies, Warhounds, and Bastai OH MY! But seriously, just a very good series that you need to read now! A third one is coming out soon and it looks amazing too!

The White Oak (Imperfect Darkness, #1)
THE WHITE OAK: IMPERFECT DARKNESS BOOK ONE
By: Kim White
I would like to thank Netgalley and The Story Machine Studio for letting me read an e-arc of this highly enjoyable book. It brings to life an Underworld that is unique and different and a girl named Cora Alexander who must survive in it. This book is full of action and adventure and leaves you guessing until the last page. Anyone in search of a quick, action packed read should definitely pick this one up.

Well that's it for the month of May. Hopefully I'll be able to finish more in June and maybe get on track with my Goodreads 2012 Reading Challenge. I've already finished one for June, so lets hope I keep that reading fire within me. Well that's it and hope you enjoyed. Now go check out those books I mentioned because they're good!

No comments:

Post a Comment