Monday, September 23, 2013

Reading Right Now! Blackhearted Betrayal by Kasey Mackenzie

Title: Blackhearted Betrayal (Shades of Fury #3)
Author: Kasey Mackenzie
What I'm Reading Right Now! is Blackhearted Betrayal by Kasey Mackenzie. This is the third book in the Shades of Fury series. I read the first book, Red Hot Fury, quite a while ago and loved it. Then I went on to read the second book, Green-Eyed Envy, and thought it was an okay story with a little too much going on in it. In Blackhearted Betrayal I'm currently on page 223 of 294 pages, so I'm really close to being done with it. This book is just turning out to be another okay read for me. I'm not in love with it, but I don't hate it either. Blackhearted Betrayal picks up right where Green-Eyed Envy left off. This proved a little bit of a challenge since I had read Green-Eyed Envy quite awhile ago, so I didn't remember all of the backstory right off the bat. This story is very fast paced and is definitely full of action. This is a really fun urban fantasy series that I do enjoy reading. I really enjoy reading about the characters and this cool world that Kasey Mackenzie has created. I am confused as to whether this is the last book in the series or if there are more to come. According to Goodreads, there seems to be no books following this one. I am enjoying this book, but it just doesn't live up to the awesomeness of the first book. This is a cool series that does blend urban fantasy, Greek mythology, Egyptian mythology, and various other creatures. If all that doesn't sell you, then how about how the main character Riss is a Fury! So yeah, I'm enjoying this book.
So that's it for what I'm Reading Right Now! Tell me what you're Reading Right Now! in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment