Friday, September 13, 2013

Reading Right Now! Help for the Haunted by John Searles

Help for the Haunted
Title: Help for the Haunted
Author: John Searles
Release Date: September 17, 2013
So what I'm Reading Right Now! is Help for the Haunted by John Searles. I won this book through the Goodreads FirstReads program and I'm really happy I did. It's about this girl named Sylvie Mason and her parents are ghost hunters/demonologists. One night, they get a call to go to this church. They take Sylvie with them and she stays in the back seat. When her parents don't come out, Sylvie goes to investigate and finds them murdered in the church. It's kind of a ghost/mystery/family story that jumps back and forth in time, detailing the events of Sylvie's life with her parents and their murder. I'm probably about 93% done with this book and I'm really, really enjoying it. I'm curious to learn who murdered Sylvie's parents and what's going to happen to her. This is unlike the majority of books that I read in how it's really focused on the characters and their motives. Also my feelings for certain characters have changed as I've read farther in the book. I definitely recommend this one and will be posting a full review on its release date, which really isn't that far away.
So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! Tell me what you're reading in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment