Saturday, June 21, 2014

Reading Right Now! (#11)

Title: Born Wicked
Author: Jessica Spotswood
I'm on page 255 of 330 pages, which makes me 77% done with this book.

I'll give a quick summary, Cate and her sisters are witches. In any other world, this could have been a good thing. In Cate's world, being a witch could lead to death. Cate must protect her sisters from the evil Brotherhood and decide just what to do about her own future.
I've been eyeing this book for awhile, so I'm really glad that I've finally got my hands on it and am able to read it. I am really enjoying this one so far. The writing style just really pulls me in to the story. I like the witches aspect to it. Cate as a main character is pretty okay. I admire her for taking care of her sisters. I'm really enjoying the historical feel to the story, even thought it's not a true history of the time period, I'm really enjoying the 1900's feel to it. I very much enjoy a good historical fiction and this one is just nice. I'm also really enjoying the romance to it. I'm a girl, so I'm allowed to enjoy the romance and all the feels. Although, I don't know what to think of our two love interests. I don't know what the intentions are of one (Paul). And with the other (Finn), you might think me a mean person for saying this, but when the author first described him for the readers, the image that automatically came to mind was kind of a geeky, not necessarily attractive, guy. As the story has gone on, I've liked Finn more. So yeah, I'm really liking this one!! I probably should check the sequel out from the library soon, because I know I'm gonna want more of this world when the story ends.
So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! Tell me what you're reading below.

No comments:

Post a Comment