Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Top 5 Wednesday: Top 5 Naked Book Covers

So you see this topic and immediately think scandal! But that's not what it is, I promise. This weeks Top 5 Wednesday is all about our Top 5 Favorite Naked Cover Books, or hardbacks without the dust jacket. I don't know about you, but I love when the hardback of the book has a little design or something extra on it. What's the point of making a beautiful dust jacket, and then just leaving us with with a bare hardback book? Where's the fun in that? So here's some naked books that I think look fantastic with their clothes (dustjackets ;D) off.

1. The Diviners by Libba Bray
Now that naked hardback is just beautiful!! You cannot deny it. The actual cover for Diviners is really nice too, but then they decided to do a cover change, which while okay, doesn't even begin to match the opulence of the first book. I've yet to read this chunker, but I do plan on it. Let's hope the sequel has an equally beautiful naked hardback too.
FYI: I didn't take this beautiful picture because I do not have the book in my possession. Here's the link to the site where I got the image from. http://kristarz.wordpress.com/2013/05/24/book-haul-may-2013/

2. The Rise of Nine by Pittacus Lore
I haven't actually started this series yet, but that naked hardcover is so pretty. Makes me wish I got all the series in hardback. 


3. Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige
I love the image on this hardback. I think it's so cute to stick a little, red Dorothy on the cover... even if she must die in the end. But look at that little bow and little red shoes. I bet many people would be wondering  what I was reading just by seeing this cover.

4. The Fall of Five by Pittacus Lore
Another book in the I Am Number Four series, but it is still so pretty! Gahh I really do need to start this series. Actually, in all honesty, I haven't read any of the books in this post and I should probably get around to doing that. I blame my library addiction for never reading the books that I actually own... oops. I have a problem.

5. Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn
This naked book cover is creepy and intriguing. That razor is scary looking! I'm glad I'm not a man and had to shave my face with one of those things.

So that's it for my Top 5 Naked Cover Books. What are your favorite naked hardbacks? Do you love having little designs on the hardback just as much as I do? Sorry for my own crappy pictures. I do what I can and hope that my pictures help convey the beauty of these naked hardbacks. And as always... here's the list to all the other Wednesdayers: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1608567-complete-list-of-wednesday-ers

No comments:

Post a Comment