Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Top 5 Wednesday: Top 5 Book Series You Wish Had More Books

Welcome, welcome to another Top 5 Wednesday! This week's topic is the Top 5 Book Series You Wish Had More Books. I had some that came to my mind straightaway and other's I contemplated. I figured out that some of my favorite series already had the perfect number of books, that adding more wouldn't necessarily make the series better. Example: The Gone Series by Michael Grant. Other series that came to mind, I had just learned were already getting some new books in them, which made me oh so happy. Example: The I Am Not A Serial Killer Series by Dan Wells. So, I tried to pick the book series that I honestly wanted more from, more of that awesome feeling of being able to visit my favorite fictional places and fictional people. So, here's my list.

  
 

Honorable Mention:

5. The 100 Series by Kass Morgan: I haven't finished this series yet, I've actually only read the first book, but I guess I was just slightly disappointed in hearing that it was only a 3 book series. I expected there to be more books in it. So since I haven't read them all, I don't know how the book series ends, but I could see a lot of material for the books continuing. The TV show is so fantastic and goes in such a different direction from the books. I could imagine that they could do the same thing they did with the Vampire Diaries books once the show got so popular, but I would hope that they would keep the same author writing the books instead of what they did to L.J. Smith. Anyway, I feel like more books in that series could be fun.
4. The Altered Series by Jennifer Rush: I haven't finished this series in entirety either, I just have the last book to read, but I don't really want it to end. These books are so fun, with so much action and secret government programs. I don't know how everything wraps up yet, but I really could just see myself reading book after book in this series. They could continue with their adventures, beat up all kinds of people, and just maybe explore the romance possibilities for each boy. This series is just great and I want more of it.
3. Under the Never Sky series by Veronica Rossi: I have read all the books in this trilogy, except for one e-novella, so I think I'm safe in saying that another book in this series would be awesome. I would just want a story on how they are setting up life in the Still Blue and interacting with the Dwellers. How Perry and Aria's romance is going and how they will lead together. Also, the biggest reason for wanting another book in this series is, I would love for Roar to find someone he could be happy with. I want a true, happy ending for Roar.
2. The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom/League of Princes Series by Christopher Healy: I've read all the books in this series too and loved every gut-busting minute of it. These books are so funny and kinda endearing. I did think the last book wrapped-up everything pretty nicely, but that doesn't make my urge for more books go away. I would love to see the princes embark on another adventure and just watch their crazy antics mixed with their friendship. I love this series so much.
1. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling: This one is not surprising, but I would be so flippin' excited if it actually, ever happened. I want to catch-up with Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Maybe get a glimpse into their adult lives. Or a book about the Marauders' time at Hogwarts would be a welcome addition too.

Honorable Mention
Anna Dressed in Blood duology by Kendare Blake: Because I couldn't only pick just 5, here's my honorable mention. This is only a two book series and I feel like it has so much potential to be more. I've only read the first book, so I don't know how everything ends and ties up, but in my head, I could see Cass just going on more ghost hunting adventures with his friends. I feel like adding more books wouldn't be that hard in this series, like it's actually possible.

So that's my Top 5 Wednesday. Did you agree with my choices? Disagree? What did you pick? If you want to join in on the Top 5 Wednesday fun, you totally should. Each Wednesday, there is a new topic to ponder and browse your bookshelves for. Go check out all the other Top 5 Wednesday-ers here!




No comments:

Post a Comment