Monday, September 14, 2015

Review: Bad Island by Doug TenNapel


Title: Bad Island
Author: Doug TenNapel
Published by: Graphix
Released: 2011

Summary: A busy family tries to reconnect by taking a fishing trip. Unfortunately, they end up stranded on a mysterious island. The family must work together to survive and figure out the island's secrets. This trip might just bring them closer than they ever dreamed.
My Thoughts: This was a quick, fun read. My review might not be very long because there's really not that much to say. I picked this one up for two reasons: 1.) I really enjoy reading graphic novels, they are quick, fun, and easy to read and help break the monotony between larger, longer books. 2.) I saw the title and summary and was immediately reminded of one of my most loved shows, Lost. I'm in that time where I'm still mourning the end of Lost, so anything remotely resembling it, I will read.
This was just a very quick and pretty fun read. I liked the story of the family reconnecting as they try to figure out the mysteries of the island. I also thought the artwork was fun and the full color illustrations were a nice visual.
I would recommend this to people who are searching for a quick graphic novel read. It doesn't necessarily have all the depth you'd find in a longer graphic novel series, but it presents a cute story where everybody gets their happy ending. It was fun.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.5/5
Fun and Quick

No comments:

Post a Comment