Monday, April 30, 2018

Review: The Walking Dead, Volume 2: Miles Behind Us by Robert Kirkman, Charlie Adlard, Cliff Rathburn, and Tony Moore


Title: The Walking Dead, Volume 2: Miles Behind Us
Written by: Robert Kirkman
Penciler, Inker: Charlie Adlard
Gray Tones: Cliff Rathburn
Cover: Tony Moore
Published by: Image Comics, Inc.
Released: 2014
Source: Library

Summary: The group has decided to leave the campsite near Atlanta after their losses. They take to the road, looking for permanent shelter and a reliable food source. It's hard going. It's winter, it's cold, and they are running out of food.
After a promising place goes south, they are on the road again. Carl gets hurt and they end up at the farm of Hershel Greene. Will this be the place they can now call home?
My Thoughts: Another enjoyable Volume in my re-read of The Walking Dead. I really enjoy reading about this world, this story, and these characters' journeys. It's a bleak story for sure, but I love how it brings up what it really takes to survive.
The biggest thing I noticed right off the bat was that the artist changed. I was a fan of the original illustrator Tony Moore's style, so I can't say I was a big fan of the change. Charlie Adlard's style isn't bad, it's just different. It feels more choppy and rushed then Moore's original art. I assume Adlard will be doing the rest of the art, so I'll just have to get used to his style.
Once again, it's interesting how quickly things happen in the Comic compared to the Show. Just noticing all the differences in each medium is intriguing.
Glenn and Maggie started their relationship, and boy was it quick! I think I liked the build up the Show gave more than this feeling of everybody else is pairing up and I want someone to have sex with.
Another relationship that happened was Dale and Andrea, which I feel a little meh over. I find it kind of weird.
Comic Carol is super different from Show Carol too. It's hard to imagine Comic Carol becoming the tough, tough lady that Show Carol is. Maybe it'll happen and I'll eat my words.
I really like Tyreese. He's a calming presence.
I'm excited to continue on with my re-read, eventually getting to the new material. I love The Walking Dead. It's so dark and bleak, but I love seeing this group of people doing what they can to survive, seeing these characters grow and change. I know the next Volume will be intense because of that last scene!
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
I like it a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment