Monday, September 23, 2019

Review: Moon Called (Mercy Thompson #1) by Patricia Briggs


Title: Moon Called (Mercy Thompson #1)
Author: Patricia Briggs
Published by: Ace Books
Released: 2006
Audience Level: Adult Urban Fantasy (but no sexy times from what I remember)
Source: Library

Synopsis: Mercedes Thompson, aka Mercy, is a talented Volkswagen mechanic living in the Tri-Cities area of Washington. She also happens to be a walker, a magical being with the power to shift into a coyote at will. Mercy's next-door neighbor is a werewolf. Her former boss is a gremlin. And she's fixing a bus for a vampire. This is the world of Mercy Thompson, one that looks a lot like ours but is populated by those things that go bump in the night. And Mercy's connection to those things is about to get her into some serious hot water... (Synopsis from Goodreads)

My Thoughts: I've finally joined the Mercy Thompson Pack. It took me long enough, but I'm committed now. I really enjoyed this. It was very fun, fast, and just nice to read. I was sucked into the story pretty quickly. It was addictive. Moon Called is a great start to the series.
I really liked Mercy. She does her own thing. Well, as much of her own thing as she can when surrounded by werewolf packs and hierarchy. Mercy is someone I'd like to be friends with. I don't know if she would want to be friends with me, but I'd try. Her history is very interesting too and I'm excited to learn more of it.
I'm not sure how I feel about Sam. As of right now, I don't know if I could root for a romance between them. I don't even know if one will happen, but there was just circumstances that I didn't like.
I'm definitely going to continue on with the series. I'm excited to continue it. I love urban fantasy and sometimes I forget just how satisfying it can be. How much fun it can be to read.

BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4.3/5
Ahwoooo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment