Friday, March 6, 2020

Reading Right Now! (246)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...

 


Nocturna (A Forgery of Magic #1) by Maya Motayne -- I'm 60% ish of the way through this and I'm liking it so far. The writing style is really easy to get into. It's got an interesting story. I will say though that there is some stupid decision making and poor planning from these characters. If they had done things differently, they wouldn't be in this big mess.

A Good Idea by Cristina Moracho -- I'm about 100 pages into this and I'm enjoying it too. This is a dark, gritty book that focuses on the disappearance of a girl's best friend. She might be dead, she might be missing, but her friend is determined to find out what happened to her. I will say, this is definitely an older YA kind of book. I'm almost surprised this is YA. There's a lot of sleeping around, drugs, and crime. I didn't do this stuff when I was 17. Sure, you could say I was a boring 17 year old, but I'm glad I didn't do this stuff. I think maybe the characters are a little too much for how old they are. I don't know. I think this should be a NA book or even adult.
I'm definitely interested in the story. I want to know what happened to Betty. I'm also curious to why there's an old bathtub in the woods on the cover. Does it have any relevance to the story? I mean it caught my eye, but I don't get it at the same time.

And that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment