Monday, September 14, 2020

Review: Crosswind, Volume 1 by Gail Simone and Cat Staggs



Title: Crosswind, Volume 1
Written by: Gail Simone
Illustrated by: Cat Staggs
Letterer: Simon Bowland
Published by: Image Comics, Inc.
Released: February 2018
Source: Library

Synopsis: Goodfellas meets Freaky Friday in this mind-bending new ongoing series from Fan-favorite creators GAIL SIMONE (Wonder Woman, Batgirl, Deadpool, Secret Six, Birds of Prey) and CAT STAGGS (Adventures of Supergirl, Smallville Season 11, Wonder Woman '77).
A slick and ruthless Chicago hitman.
A smart but downtrodden Seattle housewife.
When an inexplicable event strikes these two random strangers, their bodies, souls, and lives are switched--to potentially deadly effect.
Collects issues 1-6. (Synopsis from Goodreads)

My Thoughts: This was fun. I enjoyed it. It was kind of like a B action movie. It was quick, violent, full of action. The art style was really unique and I liked it. It was fun to look at.
There's a lot of language in this book, a lot.
Also, almost every man in this Volume is a sexist pig and I didn't really buy that. It was excessive.
I enjoyed the switcheroo. Seeing Cason turn into Juniper was probably my favorite.
The ending, I wasn't expecting that. It was a surprise.
I liked Crosswind and I'm definitely interested in seeing where it goes in Volume 2.

BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.7/5
Housewife and Hitman

No comments:

Post a Comment