Thursday, February 18, 2021

Review: Skyward, Volume 1: My Low G Life by Joe Henderson and Lee Gorbett

 
 

Title: Skyward, Volume 1: My Low-G Life
Written by: Joe Henderson
Art and Cover by: Lee Gorbett
Colorist: Antonio Fabela
Letterer: Simon Bowland
Published by: Image Comics, Inc.
Released: September 2018
Source: Library
 
Synopsis: One day, gravity on Earth suddenly became a fraction of what it is now. Twenty years later, humanity has adapted to its new low-gravity reality. And to Willa Fowler, a woman born just after G-day, it's...well, it's pretty awesome, actually. You can fly through the air! I mean, sure, you can also die if you jump too high. So you just don't jump too high. And maybe don't get mixed up in your Dad's secret plan to bring gravity back that could get you killed...
SKYWARD, VOL. 1 collects issues #1-5 of the ongoing series from writer Joe Henderson (showrunner of Fox's Lucifer) and artist Lee Garbett (Lucifer, Loki: Agent of Asgard). (Synopsis from Goodreads)
 
My Thoughts: What a treat! I really enjoyed this. I thought it had a cool premise. No gravity. How would people deal with that? I liked how you had to make sure you had your weights so you didn't just float away and never come back. I also liked the magnet boots that the people who wanted to stay on the ground wore. I just like the thought that went into how this world would work.
Awesome art style. The art that you see on the cover is the same art the greets you in the story. I love that! So many times I'll pick up a comic with a cool cover and then the inside art doesn't have the same beauty. This one is a what you see is what you get. The story was really interesting and engaging. It was a pleasure to read. I definitely want to grab the next Volume so I can see what happens next.
 
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
Beautiful. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment