Sunday, July 8, 2012

June Favorites!

I thought I'd pop in on a Sunday to do my favorite books for the month of June. Yayyy :D
I know I'm a tad late with this, but aren't I always. Anyway, I'm here to tell my favorite books I read in the month of June. I broke my 4 book curse and managed to read 7 books. Yayy me! So here are the ones that made my favorite list for June.

No Proper Lady
Title: No Proper Lady
Author: Isabel Cooper
I just loved the concept for this book. A character from the future having to go back and live in the past with the sole purpose of assassinating an evil magician was just too cool. The author did a good job on having a character from a dark and dangerous future adapt to the 1800's ways and customs. The lead character was also a kick butt heroine, which I like. The love story aspect was nice too. All in all, it was an interesting little book. But be warned, tis adult in nature.

Erebos: It's a Game. It Watches You
Title: Erebos
Author: Ursula Poznanski
I received this one as an e-arc from Netgalley and Annick Press, so thanks to them. I really enjoyed this book. I, as a reader, got pulled in to this creepy, creepy game and was hooked until the end. This story did a great job of separating real life from game life and the story was very addicting. Even though it was a big book, it didn't take me a long time to finish it. Just a very good book and I really recommend it.
I Am Not A Serial Killer (John Cleaver, #1)
Title: I Am Not A Serial Killer
Author: Dan Wells
This book took me two days to finish and boy was it good. It was creepy, icky, and somewhat scary. The main character, John Wayne Cleaver, was such a scary kid. At times I felt bad for him or rooted for him and then at other times he just freaked me out to no end. Wells offered up a cast of characters that caused such conflicting feelings. Who's really bad and who's really good? Is a person born evil? Can an inner darkness be suppressed and overcome? Just a well done creepy book that's focused less on plot and more on characters.

So those are my favorites for the month. You should definitely go check them out because they are recommended by me... haha. But really, I had a good month of book reading and hope you did too. Maybe July will be just as successful. Well that's it. Have a good month and keep on reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment