Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Review of: Intertwined By Gena Showalter

Intertwined (Intertwined, #1)
Title: Intertwined (#1)
Author: Gena Showalter
Published by: Harlequin TEEN
Released: 2009
Summary: Aden Stone has 4 human souls living inside him. One can time travel, another raises the dead, the third can tell the future, and the last can possess another's body. Labeled as a schizophrenic, Aden has been abandoned by his parents and shuffled to mental institutions, foster homes, and juvie. Aden now finds himself on the D and M Ranch, a home for troubled boys in Oklahoma. While there, Aden meets the girl from his visions and realizes that humans aren't the only intellectual species to live in his world. Aden finds himself in a much more dangerous situation then he ever realized. He must free the souls inside him, protect the girl he loves, and keep himself safe from all those that are hunting him.
My Thoughts: This book threw me for a loop. I expected the story to go one way and then it grew and expanded into something I never expected. I enjoyed the ride that this book took me on.
I did not expect the supernatural extravaganza that this book offered. Upon reading the synopsis, I was prepared for a boy with 4 souls inside him and a love interest with the girl of his dreams. But then, in the very first chapter a zombie came into play and then it was vampires, werewolves, witches, fairies, goblins, and probably many more. I just wasn't expecting the supernatural fest that occurred.
Also, the initial love interest threw me. Aden meets a girl, their gazes lock, and a powerful wind comes out of nowhere and then he meets another girl. Just wasn't expecting that.
Overall, I really enjoyed the book. My only negative would be that maybe too much is happening. Too many mysteries to uncover and too many people who want to do Aden harm. But I really did enjoy the book and plan on continuing on with the series. The writing style is so swift and easy to read and the subject matter is very interesting. Once I got into it, I was hooked.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
Unexpected, Exhilarating, and Pleasantly Addicting all rolled into one!

No comments:

Post a Comment