Friday, January 31, 2014

Reading Right Now!

Wow, it's been a little bit and a while since I posted a Reading Right Now! It really doesn't make any sense, because these posts are the easiest to write and kind of do. They take the minimum amount of effort, and then I slack off and don't post one in forever and a day. Here's to hoping I can keep up and keep posting, because you guys deserve better from me. So, lately I've been reading a bunch of adult books, just because I've been in the mood for them. I've been devouring mysteries, thrillers, crime novels, really any kind of book that I've been able to get my hands on. I really like using the library for my random adult picks, because they are usually books that I'm interested in reading, but would never really contemplate buying. So onto the book I'm Reading Right Now!
Title: The Six-Gun Tarot
Author: R.S. Belcher
I'm on page 211 which makes me 57% done with the book. Yee-haw!
This book caught my eye just based on the wonderfully weird cover. It kind of reminded me of Harry Potter and the character Mad-Eye Moody with the whole weird eyeball thing. It's not like Harry Potter though, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I have no idea how to describe this book. All I can say is that it's a weird western with some supernatural bits. This book is about this town called Golgotha located in the Nevada Desert. We start off with a boy named Jim as he's running away from his past and some things that he did, and almost ends up dying in the desert. He's rescued and taken to Golgotha, where every resident seems to have a secret or be hiding from something. The sheriff is a dead man walking, the deputy is half coyote, and there's something evil lurking in the town. Something that will endanger all the citizens of Golgotha, unless they can beat it.
I'm enjoying this book. It's weird. I don't claim to understand everything that's going on in it. It is an adult book, and I know some of you stick around this blog just for the YA stuff, but I'm a reader that likes to read almost anything.
I did have a moment of smartness while reading this book though. Every chapter has a name, and for the longest time the chapter names really made no sense. They didn't have anything to do with what happened in the chapter. Then, I had an epiphany where I wondered if the chapters were really names of Tarot cards, since Tarot is in the title of the book. And Eureka! The chapters are Tarot card names. I felt incredibly smart for a couple of minutes :D
So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! Tell me what you're reading in the comments below!!

No comments:

Post a Comment