Monday, March 24, 2014

Review of: Vicious by V.E. Schwab


Title: Vicious
Author: V.E. Schwab
Published by: TOR
Released: 2013
Summary: Victor and Eli, gifted college roommates and best friends. Working on their final thesis, they become interested in EO's (ExtraOrdinarys). 10 years later, Victor is escaping from prison and determined to kill his arch nemesis Eli. Eli has his own mission, to hunt and kill every last E.O. he can find. As Victor and Eli make their way to the ultimate battle, the future of E.O.'s hang in the balance. A story of revenge, awesome abilities, and how two best friends can turn into mortal enemies.
My Thoughts: This book was AWESOME!!! I loved, loved, loved every minute, every page of it. I was hooked from page one until the very end. I didn't want it to end and was sad when it did. It's pretty obvious that this review is just going to be a gush fest, so I'll just keep going. I loved everything about this book. I loved the concept of Extra Ordinaries and how they came to be. I loved the characters. Victor and his gang were my favorites. I loved how Victor wasn't necessarily a good guy. In most cases, Victor would probably be a pretty bad guy. I couldn't help rooting for Victor though. I loved his little team of Sydney, Mitch, and Dol. I think my like fro Victor increased because of how he cared and took care of his friends. Victor had some sparks of definite good in him that offset his bad, mean tendencies.
It would have been interesting to see if I felt that same way about Victor if we had started in Eli's POV instead. I think I would still have found Victor the better of the two characters though. I really enjoyed how there were no pure good guys or pure bad guys, but characters that fell in between.
It's obvious that I love this book. My only disappointment is upon learning that it is a standalone. I want more of this world! More of Victor, Mitch, Sydney, Dominic, and Dol. I want to see what adventures they get up to next. I also think it would be cool for Detective Stell to team up with Victor and his gang too, but who knows if that could ever happen. I love this book! Pure awesome. I recommend everybody go read this and then bug V.E. Schwab for a sequel!
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 5/5
Super Awesome, Super Fun, Super ExtraOrdinary!

No comments:

Post a Comment