Saturday, November 1, 2014

Reading Right Now! (#16)

Here's what I'm Reading Right Now!
Title: House Of Leaves
Author: Mark Z. Danielewski
Progress: This one is a little difficult to say, because this is a very different book. I just finished the introduction to the story, so I'm probably less than 1% done with the book. Just to clarify, it's a huge book at 709 pages.
So what I'm Reading Right Now! is a book I've heard about and had my eye on for awhile. I requested it from my library through the consortium/inter-library loan program. I don't really know a lot about this book either. I do know that it's supposed to be very stylistically and differently written. It's supposed to be a horror/mess with your mind book. And a lot of people either really like it or aren't impressed by it. I don't think there is very much middle of the road when it comes to this one. All the synopsis really mentions is that a couple buys a house and the house is larger on the inside than it is on the outside. It also says something about their children coming back with stories of some kind of beast. So I'm interested. The book is sort of told in a way that sets out to make it look real, but all the text and authors mentioned are fictitious. I just finished the introduction written by Johnny Truant and I'm definitely curious. Truant starts by explaining how messed up he is and talking about the death of Zampano that started it all. I can't really say much about this book because I just started it and am really in the dark. I can't wait to read this sucker and see just what I think of it. I'm also a little scared that it could scar me for life. In one of the praise blurbs, they mentioned being scared of their closet after reading it. I hope that doesn't happen to me because I don't want to be afraid of my closet. So that's it for what I'm Reading Right Now! Let me know what you're reading and let me know if you've read House of Leaves and what you thought of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment