Monday, August 14, 2017

Review: Rosario + Vampire: Volume 1 by Akihisa Ikeda


Title: Rosario + Vampire: Volume 1
Story and Art by: Akihisa Ikeda
Published by: VIZ Media, LLC
Released: 2008
Source: Library

Summary: Tsukune didn't do too well on his high school exams, but luckily he was accepted into Yokai Academy. Students at the school are different, they are all monsters! Tsukune is the only human at the school, humans aren't even allowed there. Tsukune has to keep his humanity a secret if he wants to continue living!
Tsukune meets a beautiful girl named Moka who is completely out of his league. She's drawn to him though, maybe because she's a vampire who craves blood, or maybe because she likes him. Who knows.
My Thoughts: I thought this was enjoyable. It wasn't the best manga I've ever read, but it's not the worst either. This is a very episodic manga. Each chapter is kind of its own mini story. This seems like one of those mangas that can just go on and on because it focuses more on an episodic nature than a full on, involved plot. Sometimes I don't know how I feel about those mangas. I tend to like the ones with a single plot, but I do think the episodes work for this series.
I did think it would take longer for Tsukune to be revealed as human, so I was surprised it happened in the first ten pages.
I liked the art style overall.
This did seem to be geared to more male readers. Lots of short, short skirts, undies that you could see, and boob shots. So if you don't like that kind of thing, this might not be your manga.
Overall, I thought this was kind of fun. I'll probably read more of it.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.5/5
Many Many Monsters.

No comments:

Post a Comment