Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Top 5 Wednesday: Top 5 Books From Before You Joined Bookish Social Media

I'm finally posting another Top 5 Wednesday! Sometimes I don't post because I'm lazy, sometimes I don't post because I can't really think of books for the topic. I liked this week's topic though. This week is the Top 5 Books From Before You Joined Bookish Social Media! That's kind of a cool topic to think of. Booktube/Blogs/Bookstagram/GoodReads have introduced me to a lot lot lot of books, but before I joined those, I was most definitely a reader. So I tried to think back to books I read and loved before I even knew what Bookish Social Media was. Here's the books I came up with!

 
  

-- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling -- I really don't remember exactly how old I was when I read this, but it was definitely before the bookish social medias. I would imagine this is on a lot of peoples' lists, especially people that are around the same age as me.

-- Twilight by Stephenie Meyer -- I like to be a little bit of a hipster about this one, because I read it before it was super popular. I saw it on an end cap at Barnes and Noble, picked it up, and was hooked! I really like Twilight. I really need to reread it. I get tired of hearing all the hate people say about it. They act like it's the worst book ever, which just annoys me, especially from people who claimed to like it at one time. That is a rant for another time though. 

-- The Hero's Guide To Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy -- I want to say this series was at that point right before I joined some of the bookish social medias. I saw this on my library's new book shelf, picked it up, and was hooked. I think this series needs more love definitely! I love it so much. I want Christopher Healy to come out with a new book!!

-- The Merchant of Death (Bobby Pendragon series) by D.J. MacHale-- I remember this one from seventh grade. My friend bought it from a Scholastic Book Fair for her sister, and I ended up reading a couple of chapters. I think I ended up buying my own copy because I liked it so much. I finished the whole series, which I think is an accomplishment, because it's kind of long. I really like this series. I probably need to reread this one too.

-- Arteimis Fowl by Eoin Colfer -- I'm pretty sure this one came from a Scholastic Book Fair too. I was drawn in by the cover, it was pretty and gold. I really like this series too. I haven't finished it yet and I need to. I like Artemis Fowl because he's kind of an anti-hero. He starts off the series as not a good guy, I mean, he had that whole plan to steal a fairy! 

So those are my picks. What are yours? What books did you discover and love without the help of bookish social media? If you want to join in on the Top 5 Wednesday fun, you totally should! Each Wednesday is a fun, new topic to contemplate and post about. Check out all the other Top 5 Wednesday-ers HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment