Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Top 5 Wednesday: Top 5 Children's Books to Read as an Adult

I decided to do another Top 5 Wednesday. I know I've been off and on with them, but sometimes I just have nothing when it comes to the topics. Not every topic is for me. This week's topic, I think I can work with. My Top 5 Children's Books to Read As An Adult. I'm just going to pick some of my favorite middle grade books, that's it. I might not be doing the prompt right, they might mean children children's books, but I've got none for that. I'm one of those readers that is not a middle grader, but still likes reading middle grade fiction. There's a lot of exciting stuff in that genre. A lot of adventure, a lot of fun, and it's written to kind of get kids excited about reading. So, here's my Favorite Middle Grade books that I definitely recommend!

  

--The whole League of Princes Series by Christopher Healy! I've recommended this series countless times and I'll recommend it many times more. I love it! It's fun reading. It's funny, there are tons of adventures these characters get involved in. The characters are all just really, really fun. It's a book series that made me laugh. I keep waiting for the next book Christopher Healy is going to write. Where is it??

 

-- The Shadow House Series by Dan Poblocki! I've only put the first two books on the list because that's all I've read. The third one is on my tbr though. This series is perfect for the horror fans. It's pretty freaky. Pretty scary. It also has a mixed media aspect with a ton of creepy pictures. There's even an interactive game(ish) that you can download on your phone. If you want a scare, read this!


Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine. This is just a personal favorite of mine. I loved it when I read it, but I haven't reread it for a very long time. In my head, it's a classic.

 

And lastly I would recommend checking out these series Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer and Pendragon by D.J. MacHale. These are both longer series, but they are a lot of fun. They are a commitment to get through. Artemis Fowl is just kind of fun with an evil little mastermind kid who eventually turns good. Pendragon is an adventure series where a boy finds out there are multiple worlds and he has to travel to them all to stop a baaaaad guy. I still need to finish the Artemis Fowl series and reread the Pendragon series. So many books, too little time.

So that's my take on this week's Top 5 Wednesday: Top 5 Children's Books to Read as an Adult! If you want to join in on the Top 5 Wednesday fun, you totally should. Check out all the other Top 5 Wednesday-ers HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment