Friday, July 27, 2018

Reading Right Now! (172)

What I'm Reading Right Now! is...


Title: A Conspiracy of Stars
Author: Olivia A. Cole

I was drawn to A Conspiracy of Stars because of the cover and that it was science fiction. I also remember it being in an Uppercase Box. I didn't really know anything about it. 
So a short synopsis is: Octavia's ancestors had to leave their home planet because it was dying. They planned to do a stop over on a planet that would house them for a while, while they looked for a more permanent home. They ended up crash landing on that initial planet, their ship was irreparable, so Faloiv became their home. Octavia and her people have survived on this planet by studying the flora and fauna. Study, science, and finding out why things work are the most important things in Octavia's world.
I'm about 100 pages in and so far, it's just kind of meh. It's a little boring, I'm not going to lie. It reminds me a lot of the new Netflix reboot of Lost in Space. How all the characters on that are really serious and all about science, that's how the characters are in this book. They're kind of dull. I'm not really feeling any of the characters yet. I'm also not that big of a fan of Octavia's insta-love with Rondo. Sure, they've known each other since they were kids, but it's like in the blink of an eye she decides that he is irresistible. It's just all kind of boring so far. But I am not a quitter. I'm hoping the more I read, the more I like it? I mean, it's kind of interesting, but it's boring.

So that is what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment