Monday, August 6, 2018

Review: I Hate Fairyland, Volume 3: Good Girl by Skottie Young and Jean-Francois Beaulieu


Title: I Hate Fairyland, Volume 3: Good Girl
Written and Drawn by: Skottie Young
Coloring by: Jean-Francois Beaulieu
Additional Art in Chapter Thirteen: Dean Rankine
Lettering and Design by: Nate Piekos
Edited by: Kent Wagenschutz
Volume Three Book Design: Vincent Kukua
Logo Design: Rian Hughes
Published by: Image Comics, Inc.
Released: October 2017
Source: Library

Summary: Let's once again join Gert and Larry on their never ending journey to find the key to get Gert home. Gert has decided to try a new tactic this time, to be Good. Will it work? Can she really turn over a new leaf after all the murder and mayhem she's committed? Gert's gonna try.
My Thoughts: I have a lot of fun reading this comic series. I really enjoy the artwork, the whimsy, and the humor. It's such a messed up little fairytale. I do wonder just where this series is going to go though. Will all the Volumes just be Gert traversing over Fairyland trying to get home? Is it just going to be the same cycle on repeat with Gert trying slightly different things to get home? I don't know. I do wonder about the end game. That's not exactly a criticism, I'm just curious where it's all leading.
The ending of this Volume added a little twist, some fun. It's enough to bring me back for the next Volume.
I really enjoy the I Hate Fairyland Comic Series. It's got great, dark humor. A whole lot of violence. Fantastic Artwork. Gert is one diabolical 30 something trapped in a six year old's body. I'd recommend it easily.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
Entertaining As Always

No comments:

Post a Comment