Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Review: Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson #3) by Patricia Briggs


Title: Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson #3)
Author: Patricia Briggs
Published by: Ace Books
Released: 2008
Source: Library

Synopsis: I could smell her fear, and it satisfied something deep inside me that had been writhing under her cool, superior gaze. I curled my upper lip so she could get a good look at my sharp teeth. I might only weigh thirty or so pounds in my coyote shape, but I was a predator...
Mechanic Mercy Thompson can shift her shape - but not her loyalty. When her former boss and mentor is arrested for murder and left to rot behind bars by his own kind, it's up to Mercy to clear his name, whether he wants her to or not.
Mercy's loyalty is under pressure from other directions, too. Werewolves are not known for their patience, and if Mercy can't decide between the two she cares for, Sam and Adam may make the choice for her... (Synopsis from Goodreads)

My Thoughts: I am a fan of Mercy Thompson and this series. She's always getting herself into situations. This situation is one of the darkest yet. I did not expect this book to go there. Trigger warnings for rape and sexual assault. I wasn't kidding when I said it got dark.
The triangle seemed to reach a conclusion, and I'm happy about the decision made. I like Adam.
I'm excited to read the next book in the series. They are fun, fast, and I just really, really like them. I need to know what Mercy is going to get caught up in next.

BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
Wow Wow Wow

No comments:

Post a Comment