Monday, January 6, 2020

Review: P.S. I Still Love You (#2) by Jenny Han


Title: P.S. I Still Love You (#2)
Author: Jenny Han
Published by: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Released: May 2015
Source: I Own It

Synopsis: Lara Jean didn’t expect to really fall for Peter.
She and Peter were just pretending. Except suddenly they weren’t. Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever.
When another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean’s feelings for him return too. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once?
In this charming and heartfelt sequel to the New York Timesbestseller To All the Boys I've Loved Before, we see first love through the eyes of the unforgettable Lara Jean. Love is never easy, but maybe that’s part of what makes it so amazing. (Synopsis from Goodreads)

My Thoughts: Ughh my heart! This book took me on such a roller coaster ride. I read it right after finishing To All The Boys I've Loved Before because I was obsessed and had no chill. I was excited for the love of Lara Jean and Peter Kavinsky to finally shine, and for them to be happy. They had some really sweet scenes, he gives her such a nice present, and then they crush my heart.
This book played with my emotions so hard. Lara Jean and Peter were happy, but they didn't stay that way. Genevieve was one prickly problem. I don't know what to do about her. I still don't know what Peter could have done, considering the situation, which I will not spoil! I mean, he could have said 'No Gen, I'm not your boyfriend anymore,' but then he wouldn't be the nice, sweet Peter that he is. I just wish it could have been handled differently. I mean, Lara Jean had every right to be jealous and insecure when it came to Peter still spending a lot of time with Genevieve. Gen's situation sucked, but that doesn't make what she does okay. She can be so petty.
And then we have John Ambrose McClaren, who I didn't hate, but he really didn't do much for me. I mean, he was fine, but I didn't need the love triangle. Peter Kavinsky is the one that I'd choose every time. And I'll admit that John Ambrose McClaren and Lara Jean had some cute scenes in the assisted living Facility, but he wasn't Peter Kavinsky.
I did like the whole neighborhood gang coming back together and playing one last game of Assassin. It just kind of brought to mind my own childhood friends and what it would be like to get together again. How people change. How you can be so close at one point in your life and then grow so far apart.
Lara Jean and Peter are just meant to be, so I'm glad the ending brought them back to each other. I'm still obsessed with this series. I still can't quite get it out of my head. I'm very excited for the movie sequel. I also just found out that they've filmed the third movie too and my heart is glad. Thank you Netflix for giving me this bingeable content that I will watch over and over again, like the sad sack that I am. So, right after I finished P.S. I Still Love You, I went right on to the third book. It's an addiction.
And thinking about the sequel movie, I wonder what they are going to do. One thing that surprised me when reading P.S. I Still Love You was how much hot tub video drama there is. I'd say it's the first third of the book still dealing with the fallout and embarrassment of that. I feel like the first movie already concluded that drama, so I can't see it making a comeback. I could be wrong, but I don't know.
And this isn't a big deal, but book John Ambrose McClaren and movie John Ambrose McClaren are not going to look the same at all. Let's be honest, John Ambrose McClaren from the first movie isn't even the same. I don't really understand why they do that. It just feels odd. Again, it doesn't really matter, but I noticed.

BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4.2/5
My Emotions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment