Monday, February 3, 2020

January 2020 Reading Wrap-Up!

I feel like I started off 2020 okay. I read eight books, which I think is good. It's good for me. I don't know how February is going to go because work is going to be crazy. I'm not looking forward to that.
Anyway, here's everything I read in January. The start of a new decade. The 20's!!

  
  
 


Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson #3) by Patricia Briggs -- I love this series. This Volume was intense! Much darker then I was expecting. I would say there are trigger warnings for rape and sexual assault. I'm excited to continue on with the next book because I need it.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5

Black Dog (Hellhound Chronicles #1) by Caitlin Kittredge -- I enjoyed the idea of this, but I don't know if it worked all the way. Our main character is a Hellhound, which is cool. This book was almost like it was in fast-forward and I think it would have been better slowed down a little. Going to continue with the series because I'm curious.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.5/5

Rogue Protocol (Murderbot Diaries #3) by Martha Wells -- I love Murderbot! They are always too short though.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5

The Next Together (#1)  by Lauren James -- This was an interesting little story that I did enjoy. It took place in 4 different timelines (I think) and centered around two people who always meet, fall in love, and then, tragedy. It happens in every timeline. It was also told in mixed media, which I always really enjoy. I'm gonna read the sequel because I want to know stuff.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.8/5

Two Dark Reigns (Three Dark Crowns #3) by Kendare Blake -- Another series that I love! This one was a little slower then the previous two, but it was still good. I was really interested in the mysteries of the Killer Mist and the Blue Queen. Can't wait to see how it all ends.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5

10 Blind Dates by Ashley Elston -- This was adorable, cute, and so much fun. I really enjoyed it. I would hate, hate!, if my family ever did this to me. I'm not as open to adventure as Sophia is. I loved the family aspect. It was cute. Definitely would recommend.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4.3/5

In An Absent Dream (Wayward Children #4) by Seanan McGuire -- Ehh, I just thought this was okay. It didn't blow my socks off. My main issue was that it would skip over all the action. It would tell us about all the quests after the fact, but it never showed us. I just found that irritating and kind of lazy, if I'm being honest. Don't tell me, show me! Also, some character died and they mentioned it over and over, only problem, the story never even introduced us to that character while she was alive. That's laziness. Why am I gonna care about someone I never even met? So okay, I was a little disappointed in this. I did think Lundy's story is interesting in that she could go back and forth between worlds, her door never really stayed hidden from her. She had to learn that sometimes you have to make a choice, you can't have it all. 
I felt like it could have been cool, if it had been told differently.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 3.5/5

Archie, Volume 1: The New Riverdale by Mark Waid, Fiona Staples, Annie Wu, and Veronica Fish -- You know what, this wasn't what I was expecting, but I liked it. I thought it was going to be like the CW Riverdale show, which is kind of crazy, drama, dark, but this really was just an updated Archie. It was funny. It was light-hearted. I liked it. The art was great, I really liked the colors, I'll definitely read more of it.
One thing I don't understand is why so many comic series change artists halfway through. I like having the same art style throughout. Everyone's art was pretty good, but I just don't understand why they change it up all the time.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5

Favorite of the Month

I can't decide. I liked a lot of things this month, so I can't narrow it down.

And that is my January 2020 Wrap-Up! I hope the rest of the year goes just as great. I'm excited for all the books in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment