Friday, November 20, 2020

Reading Right Now! (279)

 I did it! I finally finished the book that I've been reading for a week and a half (almost) and finally got to move on to something new. I feel so good about that. That book from last week really drained me, physically, emotionally, mentally (over dramatic, yes). I needed something new.

So, what I'm Reading Right Now! is...



Still Mine (#1)  by Amy Stuart -  This is a mystery/thriller. Our main character Clare is in hiding/on the run from an abusive husband. She's also a recovering addict. She gets hired by a man to travel to this small, dying former mining town to investigate the disappearance of a local girl, without really calling attention to herself. She's not a detective, a police officer, or a PI. She seems a strange choice for this task.

I'm enjoying this, but I definitely have some questions. It's a very fast book, which I like. The writing is really easy to get into. I just don't understand the why of it all. Why was Clare chosen to investigate this? How is she supposed to investigate this without calling attention to herself? This town is tiny. Everyone notices the new girl, especially the mystery woman who claims to be a photographer there to take pictures. I just don't see how they set her up for success with this assignment.
I'm kinda liking the story though. I'm interested.
 
So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading this weekend? It's almost Thanksgiving for America! Wow. 2020 is crazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment