Friday, January 15, 2021

Reading Right Now! (286)

I can't believe I'm on post #286, that seems crazy. I've been doing pretty well so far with my reading in January and my Deck of TBR game (idea from BooksWithMaddi on youtube). I've got two more books on my original Deck of TBR pile and then I hope to add extra ones in. In 2020, I read 8 books in January, so if I want to be on track with that, I should read 8 books in January 2021. I want to read more books in 2021 then I did in 2020, but we'll see how it goes.
What I'm Reading Right Now! is...
 

Don't Say a Word (Hometown Antihero #2) by Amber Lynn Natusch -- This sequel takes off right after the events in the first book, so I would suggest reading them in close proximity to each other. I appreciate it though that it just jumps right back in. There's no events reminder wrap-up, it's just the continuation of Kylene's story. I definitely am enjoying the story, but I don't know if I like it as much as the first book. It just doesn't feel like there's a lot of progress being made in this one. 
I really like the way Amber Lynn Natusch writes. I think she can probably write a great adult book. She does very good sexual tension that can't be explored all the way in this because it's YA. I want to read some of her adult stuff.
Sometimes I find Kylene a little too smart mouthy, but I forgive her.
The thing I do feel is weird is the romantic tension (kind of sort of, I don't know) that goes on between Kylene and Agent Dawson. In this one he's working undercover at her school and pretending to be her boyfriend. She's 17, he's 23. Nothing has happened, but it just feels a little weird because she is technically not an adult. And there is another boy that I'm rooting for a little more and that's AJ. I could do with more AJ and Kylene.
I think this series is fun though. I don't think I'm going to be satisfied when I reach the end because I'll want to read the next one and according to her website, the publisher didn't buy any more books from her in this series, so she's going to have to self publish the third. She says it's going to come out in 2021 and I hope it all works out. I don't like being cut off in the middle of a series.
 
What I Would Like to Read Next:
 

Six Wakes by Mur Lafferty --  Sci-fi! Clones! Murder! I'm excited for it. I hope it doesn't let me down.
 
And that is what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you Reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment