Friday, January 29, 2021

Reading Right Now! (288)

TGIF!!! Wooooooo!
What I'm Reading Right Now! is... 


Ride Hard (Raven Riders #1) by Laura Kaye -- I told you all I was craving romance, so I picked up a romance. This is a MC Romance (MC= Motorcycle Club). It is also a spin off series to the Hard Ink Series, which I did not know when picking it up. I thought it was just the first book in a series and I could start from the beginning, but no, no, no. The first 100 pages of this references something that happened in another book, which I have no knowledge of, so it was kind of confusing.
I'm not sure how I feel about this one yet. There is noticeable age difference between our romantic leads. He's 37 and she's 22. Haven (our main girl) had a very mean father who kept her isolated, so she's very innocent and childish almost, which makes the age difference stand out even more for me. 
I also feel like their first smexy encounter was very ba-blam! It was just very sudden and I wasn't expecting it to go to that place right there. I didn't feel like they really knew each other that well yet. So, I don't know. Maybe this will grow on me, but I'm not in love with it yet.


The Ravens (#1) by Kass Morgan and Danielle Paige -- I'm enjoying this one. This seems like the kind of book that I can just fly through, if I don't distract myself with other things. This is a YA Witchy Coven book. Oddly, our characters are in college, but they don't really feel like they're in college. It almost feels like some kind of private/boarding school thing. But anyway, there's a sorority on campus that is really a witch coven. We have two perspectives: Vivi, a freshman who has no idea about her powers and is chosen as a pledge, and Scarlett who is a junior and member of the sorority who has big ambitions for herself.
I like this. It's giving me that feel of a LJ Smith book. The Nightworld Series, or The Secret Circle Series, does anyone remember those? When I was a younger teen, those books were what I loved. It had paranormal coolness and this whole soulmate thing that I just couldn't get enough of. Anyway, The Ravens is giving me that same feeling. 

And that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment