Friday, March 5, 2021

Reading Right Now! (291)

 We're back in March. How did that happen? March, where Covid-19 and Lockdowns and Government Mandates and Claustrophobia Inducing Masks made their unwelcome appearance. I just want to get back to Normal Times. I sometimes get jealous when I watch people in Australia and New Zealand looking like normal, but then I remember that they are big islands, so no wonder they were able to nip it in the bud quicker. 
Anyway, this is about books! Not about how much life is crappy at the moment. So, what I'm Reading Right Now! is...


Dusk or Dark or Dawn or Day by Seanan McGuire -- This is a novella about ghosts in New York and a mystery is brewing where they are disappearing. Also, could be triggering for suicide.
I'm always unsure when it comes to novellas. I want them to be longer, essentially not be a novella. A lot of times it feels like the story ends right when it's getting started. I do love the Murderbot Novellas by Martha Wells though.
Anyway, I like Seanan McGuire, but there can be a lot of rambling in the books written, which this one has a little of.
This is a book for my Deck of TBR too, so we'll see how well I do this month.

The Beast of Beswick by Amalie Howard -- I haven't started this one yet, but I'm excited for it. I need some more Historical Romance in my life. I think this is kind of a Beauty and the Beast type of thing.

So that's what I'm Reading Right Now! What are you Reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment